The UK Islamic Mission has been involved in relief and welfare work since 1962.
We work with partner organizations to deliver and manage relief projects in many countries including Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Palestine, Iraq, Kosovo, Kenya, Haiti, and other African countries.
The UKIM responds to humanitarian crises such as earthquakes, floods and other disasters hitting peoples, as well as support a range of projects to assist internally displaced people, to alleviate poverty, to improve health, and to enable people to stand on their on feet and earn their living in dignified way (e,g through education and capacity building programmes – and Microfinance Scheme).
The UKIM is currently working following relief area / projects.
- Emergency Relief
- Orphan Sponsorship
- Education & Training
- Water & Sanitation
- Health & Nutrition
- Islamic Microfinance
- Ramadan Programmes
- Qurbani Programmes
- Blanket Distribution Bihar, India
- QURBANI 2011 - IN 14 COUNTRIES
- Free Eye camp in Sargodha Pakistan
- Gaza Water Filtration System
- UKIM Medical Camps in Jammu and Kashmir
- Establishment of six Schools in Southern Punjab
- Housing Project for Flood Affectees - Pir Sabaq ,Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Water Project Kenya