UKIM is one of the premier faith based civil society organisations working in the UK to serve the needs of the Muslim community in the UK. UKIM is going through a major organisational reform to re-establish itself as an effective civil society organisation and fulfil its mission. The reform includes major changes at governance and executive level and relocating its Head Office from London to Oldham.
The job holder is expected to provide inclusive and visionary leadership that inspires, engages and motivates employees, supporters and partners. To deliver UKIM’s vision and mission and to develop the organisation’s leading position within UK’s civil society community.
Applicants should be sympathetic to Islamic principles and values and have a solid understanding & experience of Muslim communities in the UK.
How to apply
If you have what it to takes to be part of this interesting and promising journey, please press the apply button.
If you would like more information on this vacancy, please contact us via email.
- Plan with the Head of International Programme and deliver a new donor development strategy to secure significant gifts from individuals.
- Identify, manage, and secure relationships to deliver maximum long-term impact and income through effective personal relationship management of major donors.
- Develop strong and enduring relationships with current and potential major donors.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders (including senior management) to create compelling, relevant, and tailored funding proposals.
- Design and develop a targeted contact strategy.
- Support the development of a range of events/campaigns with the wider UKIM teams to provide opportunities.
- Develop and maintain adequate major donor records.
- Market UKIM Relief’s projects and products to new and existing donors whilst maintaining donor loyalty through special donor services.
- Work efficiently towards the continuous enlargement of UKIM Relief’s donor database.
- Assist in coordinating in Donor Services to ensure data integrity, quality control, and database requirements.
- Ensure that all donor information and reports are of the highest quality and are submitted (if required) in a timely fashion.
- To be up-to-date with all new projects, proposals and potential appeals.
- Ensure that all donors receive a courteous, helpful and professional service at all times.
- Effectively attract and retain donors by liaising with them on a daily basis.
- Accurately record, process and keep all enquires and financial transactions confidential.
- Maintain and assist the Manager to develop an effective administrative systems in order to achieve maximum efficiency across the department.
- Maintain and produce professional documents to the required standard and use ICT to enter, collate and present data.
- Assist the Communications/Fundraising Manager in regularly producing reports for the General Manager, Chair and Committee Members.
- Handle and respond to donor queries, complaints either over the phone, in writing or by email and communicate to the Communications/Fundraising Manager for appropriate advice on sensitive issues.
- Develop and sustain the mutual understanding between UKIM Relief’s and the public.
- To complement the work of the Communications team in producing different types of media to project the work of UKIM Relief to long-terms donors.
- Ensure duties are performed in line with the Data Protection Act, Confidentiality Regulations, Government legislation and UKIM Relief Policies.
- Ensure information flow is managed and easily accessible to allow the team to provide all donors with any personal information requested.
- Ensure the processing of daily mail, data entry and major donor gift acknowledgements are done efficiently.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Hold a valid passport and be willing and able to travel extensively, at short notice and under conditions of physical hardship.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Experience of major donor fundraising.
- Strong knowledge of, and successful track record in, delivering significant new income through personal approaches to major donor prospects.
- Proven track record of personally soliciting high value gifts from major donors and of developing long-term relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior colleagues, stakeholders and donors.
- Excellent networking, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- IT literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Experience of arranging events and of stewarding high-profile meetings with senior colleagues, stakeholders and donors.
- Understanding and familiarity of Data Protection, Health and Safety and Gift Aid.
- Educated to degree level or possess a relevant qualification or appropriate experience in a directly related post.
- A good understanding of brand management, marketing and PR.
- Familiarity with the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice.
- Numerate with the ability to develop and manage detailed income and expenditure budgets.
- Professional fundraising qualification.
- Experience in using a CRM database
- Experience of maintaining office administration and record keeping systems
- Experience of working with and handling large volumes of data.
£29,000 - £32,000