We are looking for 2 talented, creative and experienced Events Officers to work in our already established team.
UKIM is one of the premier faith based civil society organisations working in the UK to serve the needs of the Muslim community in the UK. UKIM is going through a major organisational reform to re-establish itself as an effective civil society organisation and fulfil its mission. The reform includes major changes at governance and executive level and relocating its Head Office from London to Oldham.
The job holder is expected to provide inclusive and visionary leadership that inspires, engages and motivates employees, supporters and partners. To deliver UKIM’s vision and mission and to develop the organisation’s leading position within UK’s civil society community.
Applicants should be sympathetic to Islamic principles and values and have a solid understanding & experience of Muslim communities in the UK.
How to apply
If you have what it to takes to be part of this interesting and promising journey, please press the apply button.
If you would like more information on this vacancy, please contact us via email.
- To assist in the delivery of UKIM’s events programme across the UK and be part of the team that supports the national leadership of the organisation in delivering events (including fundraising and marketing events) as per agreed strategy and plan.
- To assist in securing event funding and ensuring monitoring and evaluation of all events is conducted on a regular basis.
- To assist in developing event strategies and operational plans, building relationships and liaising with partners and field offices.
- To be effective member of the Events Department by assisting in development of and following clear procedures and processes for meeting strategic objectives of UKIM.
- To arrange and manage all events within UKIM at a local, city and national level.
- To assist in creating a professional, end to end approach for all UKIM events, ensuring consistency across the whole event lifecycle, including documentation, feedback and review process.
- To assist the Events manager in agreeing an annual Events schedule with the board of Trustees across all areas of UKIM.
- To assist in implementing, managing and developing Project strategy, operations, risk management strategy, monitoring & evaluation systems and budgets ensuring they are in accordance with UKIM’s global policies, principles and approach.
- To assist the Events Manager in line managing all volunteer or employed event managers and staff in field or regional offices.
- To assist in effective management, support and development of staff and volunteers involved in Event implementation.
- To visit events and sub-offices country-wide to oversee and evaluate events and to encourage, advise and monitor staff.
- To ensure that UKIM’s financial, administrative and HR policies are adhered to in all events and by all staff responsible.
- To proactively seek opportunities for funding through networking and oversee the writing of event proposals.
- To participate in implementation of donor-funded events, ensuring delivery meets donor requirements and UKIM’s international policies, principles and development approach.
- To ensure the reports for completed events are received from implementing partners on time and are analysed at the Head Office for evaluating each partner’s performance and to retain appropriate audit trail.
- To ensure event management and operation information is communicated quickly and efficiently to the Executive Director and Board of Trustees.
- To participate in and carry out annual staff appraisals as appropriate.
- To assist in diligently managing an agreed expenditure budget, taking careful measure to report any unexpected costs in good time as and when appropriate.
- To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To be willing to travel extensively with short notice.
- To respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- E – Essential D – Desirable
• Educated to graduate level or equivalent in a development-related subject D
• Relevant experience of working in a similar role within the charity and development sector, including experience of management and leadership. E
• Proven participation in Event assessment, planning, management, monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment skills. E
• Proven experience of funding proposal writing and budget design for events. E
• Experience of working on donor-funded events, grant compliance and management E
• Fluency in English (spoken and written) essential, second language is an asset. E Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation and administrative abilities E
• Finance management skills within event management D
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to network and establish links and partnerships with all relevant stakeholders E
• Ability to think and plan strategically. E
• An ability to delegate, follow-up and supervise as well as support. E
• Ability to work well on own initiative. E
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change. E
• Ability to communicate cross-culturally D
• Ability to travel nationally. E
• Commit to withhold the integrity and standards of UKIM, its values, approach and priorities, within all projects. E