UKIM is one of the premier faith based civil society organisations working in the UK to serve the needs of the Muslim community in the UK. UKIM is going through a major organisational reform to re-establish itself as an effective civil society organisation and fulfil its mission. The reform includes major changes at governance and executive level and relocating its Head Office from London to Oldham.
The job holder is expected to provide inclusive and visionary leadership that inspires, engages and motivates employees, supporters and partners. To deliver UKIM’s vision and mission and to develop the organisation’s leading position within UK’s civil society community.
Applicants should be sympathetic to Islamic principles and values and have a solid understanding & experience of Muslim communities in the UK.
How to apply
If you have what it to takes to be part of this interesting and promising journey, please press the apply button.
If you would like more information on this vacancy, please contact us via email.
- Assist the Head of Finance in ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of all aspects of Finance across all UKIM;
- Assist the Head of Finance with financial management, treasury, loans, accounting support and general advice.
- Responsible for the production and delivery of timely and accurate financial information.
- Maintain systems to enable relevant Managers to have up to date financial overview of UKIM project spending, across all departments.
- Collection of funds and issuing receipts.
- Competency required in Accounting software such as Capium. Sage, IRES, Quick Books and Xero
- Extracting data from WorldPay Merchant Web Donations, Cardsave Merchant, Cheque Deposit spreadsheets and FastPay direct debit spreadsheets.
- Dealing with expenses and petty cash.
- Responding to relevant telephone, post and email enquiries.
- Dealing with supplier invoices and queries.
- Depositing cheques in the bank accounts, which includes:
- Extracting data from the UKIM Info system.
- Sorting each cheque according to the bank account it needs to be deposited in.
- Double checking that all amounts on the cheques are correct and correctly entered in the finance system.
- Going to the bank with all the cheques and relevant deposit slips.
- Assistance in preparing the branch accounts.
- Data entry during Appeals.
- Assistance in the preparation of gift aid claims.
- Educated to postgraduate level or equivalent, in a Finance or related field.
- Experience of working within the charity and development sector, would be ideal.
- Experience of maintaining financial management systems.
- An overall understanding of business planning processes and their application within the organisation.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good IT skills with an ability to understand the intelligent use of IT within the finance environment.
- Ability to work well on own initiative.
- Commit to withhold the integrity and standards of UKIM, its values, approach and priorities.
£23,000 - £28,000
Head of Finance