UKIM is one of the premier faith based civil society organisations working in the UK to serve the needs of the Muslim community in the UK. UKIM is going through a major organisational reform to re-establish itself as an effective civil society organisation and fulfil its mission. The reform includes major changes at governance and executive level and relocating its Head Office from London to Oldham.
The job holder is expected to provide inclusive and visionary leadership that inspires, engages and motivates employees, supporters and partners. To deliver UKIM’s vision and mission and to develop the organisation’s leading position within UK’s civil society community.
Applicants should be sympathetic to Islamic principles and values and have a solid understanding & experience of Muslim communities in the UK.
Applicants must provide evidence that they have a Right to Work in the UK (we are not in a position to sponsor applicants)
How to apply
If you have what it to takes to be part of this interesting and promising journey, please press the apply button.
If you would like more information on this vacancy, please contact us via email.
- To work as part of the team to ensure UKIM maximises its marketing publicity and fundraising income.
- To be responsible for selected fundraising and marketing campaigns and activities.
- To assist the Fundraising & Marketing Manager in the development of the fundraising strategy.
- To provide accurate income forecasts for the fundraising work plan.
- To ensure cost effectiveness and innovation in the implementation of the Fundraising, marketing and communication campaigns and activities.
- To research and keep up to date with current Fundraising, marketing and communications trends in the market and suggest good practices to maximise UKIM’s income.
- To ensure the department keeps accurate administrative records.
- To ensure the effective use of volunteers in all fundraising and marketing activities.
- To ensure planned fundraising and marketing activities appeal to all stake holders
- To ensure fundraising, marketing and communications activities are up to markets standard
- To ensure fundraising, marketing and communication activities are cost effective, good business, and value for resources.
- To prepare relevant material (footage, case studies, props, etc.) in advance to ensure effective delivery.
- To plan successful activities and events in accordance to the fundraising and marketing strategy and work plan.
- To ensure learning outcomes from previous and other NGO fundraising, communications and marketing activities are implemented.
- To ensure effective approaches are undertaken in the delivery of the fundraising and marketing campaigns.
- To help the Heads of Fundraising & Marketing to develop new campaigns and activities using innovative and effective approached.
- To be responsible for the implementation of all agreed fundraising and Marketing campaigns for example Ramadhan, Qurbani and Emergency campaigns etc.
- To ensure evaluation reports are reviewed and recommendations are implemented accordingly.
- To assist in communicating effectively with other departments to coordinate and streamline all fundraising activities with the strategy of UKIM Relief and vice versa.
- To network extensively to build relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- To be responsible for ensuring all income and expenditures are accurately recorded.
- To assist the Head of Fundraising and Marketing to ensure effective controls are placed to minimize risks and threats to the successful implementation of the Fundraising strategy.
- To undertake field visits as and when necessary.
- To keep an eye on developing markets and trends
- To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To be willing and able to travel extensively, at short notice and under conditions of hardship
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Proven Fundraising experience
- Experience in assisting with managing budgets
- Knowledge of varied funding sources and structures
- Knowledge of BME and faith-based communities
- Extensive knowledge of a wide range of fundraising techniques
- Understanding of the Charity Act and other legislation effecting fundraising ventures
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good IT skills
- Ability to write proposals and reports.
- Ability to work well on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change
- Ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment and as a team player
- Commit to withhold the integrity and standards of UKIM, its values, approach and priorities.
Fundraising, Marketing and Communications
£25,000 - £29,000
Head of Fundraising & Marketing Manager