UKIM is one of the premier faith based civil society organisations working in the UK to serve the needs of the Muslim community in the UK. UKIM is going through a major organisational reform to re-establish itself as an effective civil society organisation and fulfil its mission. The reform includes major changes at governance and executive level and relocating its Head Office from London to Oldham.
The job holder is expected to provide inclusive and visionary leadership that inspires, engages and motivates employees, supporters and partners. To deliver UKIM’s vision and mission and to develop the organisation’s leading position within UK’s civil society community.
Applicants should be sympathetic to Islamic principles and values and have a solid understanding & experience of Muslim communities in the UK.
How to apply
If you have what it to takes to be part of this interesting and promising journey, please press the apply button.
If you would like more information on this vacancy, please contact us via email.
- Support the Manager(s) and Head of International Programme in developing UKIM Relief International development and emergency Programmes based on our strategic priorities.
- Assist the Manager(s) and Head of International Programme in delivering monitoring and evaluation of the programmes.
- Assist the Manager(s) and Head of International Programme in reviewing and revising the International Programmes/ Emergency Response and Rehabilitation/ Partnership strategy.
- Assist in developing UKIM Relief’s strategy to respond to disaster where UKIM Relief do not have any field presence.
- Liaise with partners and beneficiaries to ensure all project outputs are met.
- Assist the development of UKIM Relief’s emergency response strategy.
- Assist the Head of International Programme in drawing up the emergency situation reports and ensure that reports are provided regularly in any emergency response matter, in the form of assessment reports, proposals, implementation reports and emergency updates.
- Assist in developing UKIM Relief’s Disaster Preparedness and Response Plan and Rapid Response Team within the organisation.
- Ensure adequate information flow on project activities to all concerned.
- Assist the Manager(s) and Head of International Programme in identifying and preparing case studies and reports for use in promotional material.
- Ensure all project systems and procedures are followed and contract documentation is completed on time and in line with funder requirements.
- Finalise funding proposals and reports to the highest standards and to the funders requirements.
- Ensure all contract documentation is filed appropriately, completed and submitted on time and in line with funder requirements.
- Visit field offices and partners in non-field office countries to ensure the delivery of our programmes.
- Evaluate existing programmes recommending modifications and advising for new programmes.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Hold a valid passport and be willing and able to travel extensively, at short notice and under conditions of physical hardship.
- Be aware of and respect the health and safety policies in the area of his/her operations.
- Respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Experience of working with international programmes in an NGO setting.
- Experience in programme development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of conducting needs assessments.
- Knowledge and understanding of international programme implementation.
- Knowledge of the charity sector.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Good IT skills.
- Report and proposal writing skills.
- Complex problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a systematic and methodical manner.
- Ability to work well on own initiative.
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and adapt to change.
- Commit to withhold the integrity and standards of UKIM Relief and its values.
£25,000 - £30,000