HOW SERIOUS IS THE GLOBAL WATER CRISIS?
The statistics relating to the global water crisis are nothing short of frightening, with men, women, and children all suffering. Some of the most damning figures are:
- 2.2 billion people - one-third of the global population are without easy access to clean water
- 200 million hours - time spent by women in Africa walking to collect water every day
- 443 million school days - missed by children every year because of poor access to safe water
- Every 37 seconds - one person dies as a result of an illness caused by dirty water
- 50% of hospital beds - half of the hospital beds in the developing world are filled with patients with water-related illnesses
- 4.2 billion people - the number of people around the world without sanitation
Needless to say, more has to be done to confront the seriousness of the global water crisis. As a water pump charity, UK Islamic Mission will use your kind donations to install sustainable solar-powered water systems that will bring hope and prosperity to communities around the world.
Benefits of a Solar-Powered Water System
The benefits of a solar-powered water system are vast for developing communities. The UK Islamic Mission systems funded by you operate ecologically, making them a sustainable water well charity solution that will continue to serve communities for generations. Because of this, a donation to our Solar-Powered Water Systems appeal qualifies for Sadaqah Jariyah, as the system will provide safe, clean water to the community for years to come – making this a gift that keeps on giving, even after you have left this world.
As many communities simply do not have easy access to water, a water system will mean that women will not have to walk for hours every day for water and far fewer school days will be missed, meaning children will benefit from a better education.
- Solar-powered water systems offer safe water and hope for communities across the world
- Solar-powered systems are sustainable for the communities that operate them
- Solar systems greatly reduce the time it takes to provide water for people, which helps to reduce the time spent queuing
- Elevated tanks store treated water, making it easier for communities to access clean water
- The solar-powered systems require no access to electrical power, meaning they can be placed in remote areas which benefits off-grid communities
- Most systems have a lifespan of 10-plus years with minimal maintenance required, making for a sustainable solution
- It only takes a few weeks to train someone to operate a system
- Number of beneficiaries is between 500-750 people every day
- Qualifies as Sadaqah Jariyah for you and your loved ones
- The total system costs £3,000 or £250 per month
- The donor can choose to put a plaque on the system and to receive a detailed report at the end which will include pictures of the finished system
- Every £1 invested in safe water yields between £2 and £16 in economic return
Donate to UK Islamic Mission’s Solar-Powered Water System Today
To support our Solar-Powered Water System appeal, please consider making a water pump donation today through our donations page. You can choose to make either a one-off or monthly water donation to fund the installation of a solar powered watering system in a community without access.
With your kind help, we can build a water well in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka and ease the suffering of our brothers and sisters. Any donation, big or small, could make all the difference, so please give what you can.